Imation 1.5TB “Media Secure” RDX Cartridge
Imation RDX® MEDIA SECURE Cartridges
WITH CYBERSAFE™ PRO SECURITY TECHNOLOGY
Powerful Data Security is now Remarkably Easy. If you are dealing with sensitive or regulated data that you need to share and transport, safeguard it with Imation RDX® Media Secure — the world’s first removable hard disk drive with built-in encryption technology.
Imation RDX Media Secure is the world’s first removable hard disk drive with built-in AES-256 data encryption. Keeping your valuable data secure is now much easier, thanks to Imation RDX® Media Secure with CyberSafe™ Pro security technology. The world’s first removable hard disk drive with built-in AES-256 data encryption, RDX Media Secure brings an unprecedented combination of enterprise-class security and “set it and forget it” convenience to Windows-based computers equipped with direct-attach RDX docking stations.
Features and Benefits include:
- Simple, one-time software installation. “Set it and forget it” for automatic encryption of all data written to the RDX media
Infrastructure Integration Ease
- Can be used with existing direct-attach RDX docking station (internal or external), no new hardware required
- Application-agnostic, doesn’t require specific backup software
- Maintains RDX standard compatibility; functions as standard RDX cartridge if client software not installed on host computer
Secure Data Shuttling
- Encryption features help ensure safe delivery of data to remote offices or customers
- Rugged, shock-resistant RDX cartridge helps protect against damage that can occur during transport
- Cryptographic erase feature instantly erases the encryption key to render data unintelligible for easy disposal and repurposing
Imation CyberSafe™ Pro Security Technology
A unique blend of on-board security technologies that ensures the safety, privacy and control of your digital content.
- Encryption: On-board FIPS 140-2, Level 1 Validated Certification #347, 562, 819
- Cryptographic Erase: Instantly erases the encryption key to render data unintelligible
- Authentication and Identity Management: Helps guard against spoofing and ensures only authorized users have access rights to company information
Purpose-built to easily integrate into your existing infrastructure, RDX Media Secure requires no new hardware and allows you to use any backup program you like. Simply set up your password and you’re done. Encryption software is installed on your Windows server or workstation so encryption automatically takes place in the background, you will never have to think about it again.
With RDX Media Secure, the powerful government-grade security technology (AES-256 encryption with FIPS 140-2 Level 1 Certification*) is tied to the media, not your backup application. This ensures that even files copied to RDX Media Secure cartridges for data shuttling are always encrypted.
Imation and Hewlett Packard have introduced 1.5 TB RDX Cartridges for RDX and RD1000 Removable Hard Disc Systems. RDX Removable Hard Disk Storage Systems are designed to streamline your data backup and ensure a high level of security. Its enterprise-class features provide value data protection of large IT data centers, so it can support your company as it grows.
The Imation 1.5TB RDX Cartridge part number is 29104 and the Quantum 1.5 TB RDX Cartridge part number is MR150-A01A are now available. Both of these cartridges can store up to 3.0 TB of compressed data.
One of the advantages of RDX and RD1000 is the interchangeable, removable cartridges of various capacities. Any RDX (or Dell RD1000) drive is capable of reading and writing to any size RDX cartridge. This means you can use the cartridge with the capacity that best fits your needs.
Features and Benefits of RDX Technology
1.5TB RDX Cartridge
- Archivability and Reliability Up to 30+ years
- Forward and Backward Compatibility
- Today’s drive/dock is compatible with all past and future cartridges
- Today’s cartridges are compatible with all past and future drives/docks
- Protected from drops of up to a meter
- Drag-n-drop file transfers
- Cartridge write protection
- WORM capable (Write Once Read Many)
Need a new backup system for your computer or server? RDX may be the solution. RDX is a fast, simple, reliable and affordable disk-based data protection system that satisfies the backup and archive needs of today’s fast-paced businesses. We have an Imation RDX 750GB bundle at a spectacular price (available while supplies last). You get an Imation External USB 2.0 RDX Burner and 1 Imation 750 GB Cartridge for only $149.99. This is less than the cartridge alone would usually cost. Another option is the Imation RDX 2-750GB System. With this system you get and Imation External USB 2.0 RDX Drive and two (2) Imation 750GB RDX Cartridges for only $233.99RDX Advantages:
- Rugged, 2.5″ mobile SATA hard disk drive
- Fully Compatible with Dell RD1000 Removable Disc Systems
- Shock protection from drops up to 1 meter
- Forward and backward compatible to all RDX systems
- Compact design – Cartridge Size 0.9″ x 3.4″ x 4.7″
- Reliable for a minimum of 5,000 load/unload cycles
- 3 year limited warranty by Imation
Imation and Hewlett Packard have introduced 1TB Data Cartridges for RDX and RD1000 Removable Hard Disc Systems. RDX Removable Hard Disk Storage Systems are designed to streamline your data backup and ensure a high level of security. Its enterprise-class features provide value data protection of large IT data centers, so it can support your company as it grows.
RDX Removable Storage Systems are designed to protect your business’s valuable assets. The RDX cartridge is a rugged, removable disk cartridge with a docking station that backs up data just like a tape drive. It is the drives speed that makes it a smart replacement to 8mm, VXA and DLT tapes. The Imation RDX Storage System can back up greater than 125GB of data per hour, while allowing you to access files instantly. The RDX cartridge capacities range from 160GB to 1TB, making storage options extremely flexible. Never run out of storage space, simply add more removable cartridges as your data needs expand.
The RDX Removable Disk Backup System drag and drop file access makes backup as simple and convenient as the click of a mouse.
· Backup data at fast hard drive speeds (up to 125 GB/hr) and restore critical files in seconds instead of hours with random disk access.
· Flexibly meet your budget and capacity requirements with a choice of 160 GB, 320 GB, 500 GB or 1 TB removable disk cartridges. Scaling capacity is a simple matter of adding cartridges.
· Easily connect the USB docking station internally to a server or rack-mount kit or externally as a tabletop. Insert a removable disk cartridge into the docking station and the cartridge automatically appears as a letter drive in Windows Explorer with no extra steps or formatting.
Check out RDX Cartridges for more information!